TUI Airways offers First Officer positions to military pilots preparing to leave
There is a new job opportunity for pilots who are about to quit their military career or have quit the army recently. TUI Airways, the airline of The TUI Group and the 3rd biggest airline in the UK, is looking for their new First and Second Officers.
TUI First/Second Officers’ duties
As a First/Second Officer at TUI you are supposed to fly with the B737 or B737/787 for 3 years. Then you can choose another aircraft type. You will work full-time at a base in the UK (B737 bases are at a regional level, B737/787 bases are situated in Birmingham, Gatwick and Manchester).
You should have great communication skills, a customer oriented approach and be demonstrably decisive in any kind of situation.
Requirements of applicants
- Hold the confirmation of the military duty termination in 2 years.
- Have an EASA ATPL or CPL ME/IR(A) with ATPL theory credits at your own cost.
- Be a holder of a certificate of satisfactory completion of an MCC course or MCC exemption certificate at your own cost.
- Be an experienced Military pilot of fixed wing airplanes.
- Hold a B737 type rating and EASA Class 1 Medical at your own cost.
- Have a valid UK or EU passport, a work and residence permit in the UK.
- Speak English at the Level 4 and be able to upgrade to Level 6 at your own cost.
- Live till 60 minute from your home base.
- Be at least 158 cm tall and be able to swim 25 meters.
The costs of the full Type Rating course, which you will have to absolve, will be reduced from your salary. The costs count £21000 and will be divided into 36 monthly installments.
The company has a fleet of 62 aircraft and flies to 30 countries (88 airports). The TUI team counts more than 10,000 members who take care of 5.5 million clients per year.
You can apply for the position on TUI website. Successful candidates will receive an invitation to an full day assessment at TUI Training Centre in East Midlands, UK.