The Air League is offering APS MCC Scholarship in partnership with Skyborne Airline Academy
The Air League, a non-profit organisation that champions the aviation industry in the UK, has launched the first ever 50% APS MCC Scholarship, sponsored by Skyborne Airline Academy.
The Cheltenham-based academy launched its Boeing 737 MAX simulator last May – the first in the UK – with the aim of enhancing its graduates’ job prospects.
The UK CAA-approved programme will be offered at the academy’s training base at Gloucestershire Airport and will include the following components:
- 28 hours of theory and practical training (CRM, SOPs, technical knowledge)
- 40 hours of training in its Boeing 737 MAX FTD simulator (10 days of training)
- Personal study guide encompassing normal and non-normal checklist management, SOPs and guidance
- Preparation for landing a role with an airline
It takes three weeks to complete the training.
Speaking about the development, Lee Woodward, CEO of Skyborne Airline Academy, said that they were committed to opening access to pilot training to top candidates, whatever their financial circumstances.
The full cost of the APS MCC training is £5,737 inc. VAT, so the selected candidates will pay just £2,868.50 (upfront payment is required).
He added that the new scholarship offered as a joint venture with the Air League would give students the highest levels of instruction to prepare them for initial type rating training with airlines.
The entry requirements are:
- The candidate has completed his ME/IR/CPL in the past 6 months.
- Hold Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Be at least 18 years old
- ICAO English Level 4 or higher
- Live in the United Kingdom
- Be a member of The Air League (Membership info)
Visit The Air League website for full terms and conditions.
To apply for this APS MCC Scholarship, complete the application form on the Air League website and attach your CV. Short-listed candidates will be invited for a Skype interview.
The application must be received by the end of March 2020.
Just starting your pilot training? We have recently published the complete guide on flying scholarship in the UK. Visit the article to find the right scholarship for you to apply!