Fully sponsored Airline First Officer Programme launched by FTEJerez
European and UK nationals keen to undertake ATPL training in 2022 have the opportunity to apply for a newly-launched programme with FTEJerez – a fully funded Airline First Officer Programme.
The programme, which is the first scholarship model launched by FTE Jerez and was opened to entrants at the end of November, will offer two candidates full sponsorship for FTE’s integrated ATPL course. Applications will be accepted until 31st December 2021. Selected candidates will have to demonstrate academic achievement and perform highly in a rigorous selection process that has been designed to the standards required of an airline cadet programme.
A key aim of the programme is to remove prohibitive costs for promising future pilots from lower-income backgrounds. To support this, the programme will also consider family income in the selection process, and the scholarship is completely inclusive of all fees incurred, except personal expenses and travel to the FTEJerez campus to begin training.
- 31/12/2021 – Application deadline
- 17/1/2022 – Selected candidates notified
- 23/1/2022 – Deadline to submit required documents
- 31/1/2022 – Selected candidates notified
- February 2022 – 1 day assessment at FTE campus
- Unknown date – Interview + Cut-e psychometric assessment at FTE campus
- Unknown date – Final interview with FTE`s Head of Training, HR Manager and CEO
Successful applicants can choose to start the training on 18th of April 2022 or 19th of May 2022.
As well as covering all course fees, the scholarship includes:
- The cost of full board on-campus accommodation
- Class 1 medical fees
- All equipment – including uniform, training materials and an iPad for use as an electronic flight bag
- All examination, landing, and navigation fees
Applicants should posses EU or UK passport, be at least 18 years old, have completed high school studies and be fluent in English (ICAO English Level 4 or B2). For further information, including a full list of eligibility criteria and key assessment dates for each stage of the selection process, interested candidates can visit www.ftejerez.com/scholarship.
Commenting on the launch of the ATPL Scholarship, FTEJerez CEO Oscar Sordo said:
“After a very difficult two years for aviation, we are thrilled to contribute toward the recovery of our industry by offering this scholarship. It is designed for truly dedicated aspiring pilots who will make the most of this comprehensive programme, regardless of their background.“
“As our industry returns to normality and our airline partners are working with us once again to recruit the highest quality graduate pilots as a leading aviation trainer globally, this will be an unrivalled opportunity for the chosen two candidates.”